Self closing rccd hager

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkinspain

Reaction score
Scratching my head on this one.

Installed new self closing rccd today.

When testing the device with test button it did its timing cycle and rearmed.

This is where it gets complicated.

When any of 2 particular mcbs are closed it will not re-arm.but ok with other mcbs closed.

( my theory) if there is a fault to earth why is it not tripping automatically after i can reset it manually?

Ive done IR on both suspect circuits .and satisfactory.ive done Ze 1.13ohm which is also baffling because the earth rod has been disconnected ..im assuming there must be another one from.the fabric of the building.

Anyone had similar experience on these devices.

Colin 

With a Zs of 1.13 on a tt I would be looking for a N to E fault.
Apologies late reply .only over 3yrs. 😳
I couldn't find a fault to N to earth as proven with insulation test. Or L to earth My query is the re arm device should atleast try to reset a few times. If the fault was still present why didn't the Rccd device trip after resetting manually?

Apologies late reply .only over 3yrs. 😳
I couldn't find a fault to N to earth as proven with insulation test. Or L to earth My query is the re arm device should atleast try to reset a few times. If the fault was still present why didn't the Rccd device trip after resetting manually?

How did you carry out your IR test? (Honest question, I've seen faults missed before)

Perhaps the device carrys out a basic leakage test at ELV before allowing reclosing? - I don't know, I haven't seen the specs, it would seen a sensible thing to design into it though

How did you carry out your IR test? (Honest question, I've seen faults missed before)

Perhaps the device carrys out a basic leakage test at ELV before allowing reclosing? - I don't know, I haven't seen the specs, it would seen a sensible thing to design into it though
Insulation resistance test.
Power off .
Load side of Rccd N to E 250/500 v mcbs closed .
Some circuits infinity , some over 10meg ohm .
Same L to E
Shouldn't be a problem.