Remote water meter display

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been asked to replace a few of these displays - Veeder-Root, but they no longer seem to be in production, so does anyone know of a 'universal display' that I could possibly use? Would need to be settable to match the internal meter. NB these are private flat meters, so nthig to do with water companies.

20190327_133029.jpg

most meters (electric, not so sure about water) have a 2 terminal output in some form, unfortunately I've not been able to get inside to have a proper look, so basically it's wired to the 'main meter' as a remote display. I reckon I can get a display, but then the issue is what the meter currently says - it's likely to start at zero ( an issue that could be overcome with  abit of maths). 

No idea Binky  .   Suggest you check out the meters first ,   they may be Veeder Root meters that only function with those displays . 

Or try asking on a Plumbing Forum  perhaps. 

Hello Binky. RS and Farnell stock a selection of general purpose counter / rate meters, that you could use. Most of them have dip switches on the back so that you can match the number of input pulses to represent, say, litres per minute, etc. Have a look. I think they went under the name of 'Universal', but I dare say that there are many newer ones available now.

Hope this is of some help.