New CU

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rutts35

PDF Magician™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitting stand alone unit as requested. Find brand new CU had been fitted. Builder used his own sparks. No EIC, no test date. All factory neutrals finger tight. Plus no cpc in at least the down stairs lighting circuit. Plus a radial for a boiler fused spur in 2.5mm on a 40A breaker. 

20190601_123337.jpg

20190601_123249.jpg

20190601_100659.jpg

Notice the 'extra" earth bar. 

Fitting stand alone unit as requested. Find brand new CU had been fitted. Builder used his own sparks. No EIC, no test date. All factory neutrals finger tight. Plus no cpc in at least the down stairs lighting circuit. Plus a radial for a boiler fused spur in 2.5mm on a 40A breaker. 

View attachment 10059

View attachment 10060

View attachment 10061

Notice the 'extra" earth bar. 

OP - who asked you to fit the board you turned up with?

The house owner mate. Why?

The house owner had an extension built and the builder used his own sparks. He stated, at the time, that due to the extension a new CU was required. He then fitted the above leaving no spare ways. I was then asked to carry out works for them which required a two new circuits and hence another way which wasn't in the board. Due to the poor install I put both new circuits in my stand alone board rather than touch the existing board.

Well,if he did use a spark then he needs finding and dry reaming with every version of the regs since 1850, all amendments and guidance notes, then going for a swim with barrymore 

:slap

Shouldn't be laughing really, especially the Barrymore bit!!