Apprenticeship

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontae Edmondson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone i am undertaking an Electrical installation level 2 diploma at City Of Bristol College.

I am coming up to the end of my second year and now feel i would like to move on to the next level by way of Apprenticeship.

This seems to be the problem as i do not know where to start any advise would be most appreciated.

Dontae

Welcome to the Forum  .

I hate to answer in the negative but  this is the difficult bit .    Apprenticeships are  not easy to come by these days , I wish you the best of luck .   

Get a list together  of all the electrical  contractors in your area  , go on line & look at the  Part P , Competent Persons Approved  list  , look for NICEIC members  also ELECSA ,  NAPPITT  & STROMA  & ECA  lists .   Put a letter together , CV style to introduce yourself , listing your college work , age , etc .   Speak to the JIB about registering with them .   They used to find places for apprentices years ago .  

A letter may be better than phoning as they may file the letter for later .      Don't let the lack of responses get you down .    Its often better if you know someone in the trade .        Judging by others in your position who have posted  ,  you may find you will have go down the road of starting as a Labourer , keeping up the college & working your way through the grades .    

Basically ...you need a job , in this trade  ....then .... the more people you meet  , the better your chances become ,  who you know  is most important , contacts are important .

Hopefully you'll get some more advice  , stick with the Forum & let us know how it goes.     Could be someone in your area reading this .