Y plan

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samyu

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope some one can put light on this.

Glowworm ultimate 40ff heat only boiler on Y plan.

When call for heat boiler fire ups. Zone valve working. 

Thermostat working.

But there is no power to the pump.

Boiler will cut off after few minutes, because of no circulation.

Check all the wiring, they all okay.

If you have any suggestions. 

Thanks

But there is no power to the pump.

Check all the wiring, they all okay.

Welcome to the forum, I would suggest the two statements above contradict each other. Either you haven't checked the wiring correctly, or there is power to the pump but the pump has failed. Are you DIY or electrically competent? What test equipment did you use during your checks and investigations? I would be going back and double checking the whole circuit again and/or putting a separate power supply directly onto the pump to see if it is still working.

Doc H. 

It's doing same thing on dhw and heating demand. Boiler fire ups, zone valve move. Stays on for few minutes. It will cut off as there is no cirrullation from pump.

Pumps getting no power at all. No power at wiring box.

I believe the pump should be wired either straight across the boiler supply terminals or have a live feed from the boiler control board itself if it has an over-run function.

(i.e. The pump must run whenever the boiler fires, and possibly run on to cool it after switch off. )

Hence its either a wiring fault or a boiler fault. Nothing else in the control circuit should be involved.