Cooker swap to hob/oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saab900

Reaction score
I have an old freestanding indesit oven which is 10.7kw I'm wanting to replace it with a separate hob and single oven. 

My new hob is 6600watts and oven is 3480watts can I use the old wiring, my trip switch says 30amp and wiring is 6mm can I connect both oven and hob on this.??

The oven it about 10 meters from the consumer unit. 

Appreciate the help 

your hob and oven won't run at full whack unless you have weird cooking ideas! 6mm is good for 40 Amps, unless cabling has been run in insulation for more than 500mm. So I suspect it will be fine, but could be changed to a 40 Amp MCB if conditions are right? 

It'll be OK  .    You will however , have to create a split connection with your cooker lead between oven & hob  depending on how it's connected at the moment . 

Also these devices can be supplied with or without a mains lead .     Hob will almost certainly have no lead . 

Scolmore Click do a nice cooker connection plate which has a dual set of output terminals.

It'll be OK  .    You will however , have to create a split connection with your cooker lead between oven & hob  depending on how it's connected at the moment . 

Also these devices can be supplied with or without a mains lead .     Hob will almost certainly have no lead .