Jump to content

DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Just washing the car .

Recommended Posts

Evans Electric

Didn't work yesterday so in the afternoon went onto the front drive to wash the car .   Told the missus it'll take 1/2 hour . 

 

Trigger passes and as usual misses his house ...doubles back , greets me with the only words he's ever used ...."Alright "     ( One day he'll say "Alright Dave "  )  

Cynthia  passes  "OOooh 'ello  "  Points to child ...'"es 7 today can you believe it , Ooo I don't know , I really don't?"       ( Thinking well yes he looks about 7 )  :C  

Chat with Macadoodle about the rise in car thefts in the road lately .  

Chat with Simon , he's taking an early retirement offer  , they've taken his company car off him . 

 Chat with   ****   health probs .

Chat with Hiacyth , car thefts , recent rain flooding her property .

Chat with Thomas the Christian Indian .....two additional sockets required.

Will the jeweller pulls over .... electrics in  flat he owns in the city , empty , new kitchen  etc.  

 

Back into the house.....Missus " How long does it take to wash the  car ? " 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Duck

Wear a balaclava next time, or move to London where no one talks to each other....

 

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binky
10 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Didn't work yesterday so in the afternoon went onto the front drive to wash the car .   Told the missus it'll take 1/2 hour . 

 

Trigger passes and as usual misses his house ...doubles back , greets me with the only words he's ever used ...."Alright "     ( One day he'll say "Alright Dave "  )  

Cynthia  passes  "OOooh 'ello  "  Points to child ...'"es 7 today can you believe it , Ooo I don't know , I really don't?"       ( Thinking well yes he looks about 7 )  :C  

Chat with Macadoodle about the rise in car thefts in the road lately .  

Chat with Simon , he's taking an early retirement offer  , they've taken his company car off him . 

 Chat with   ****   health probs .

Chat with Hiacyth , car thefts , recent rain flooding her property .

Chat with Thomas the Christian Indian .....two additional sockets required.

Will the jeweller pulls over .... electrics in  flat he owns in the city , empty , new kitchen  etc.  

 

Back into the house.....Missus " How long does it take to wash the  car ? " 

   

It's great you have neighbours that sop and talk.Some of mine would rather walk past and ignore me than talk, which I find a bit bizarre considering some of the things I've sorted out for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
5 hours ago, Blue Duck said:

Wear a balaclava next time, or move to London where no one talks to each other....

 

:)

 

Thats what crossed my mind TBH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony S

One thing I miss about village life is conversation with the locals. That said I wouldn’t go back to it, I’ve got used to the convenience of city life. OK I can’t just phone a local farm to stock the freezers with meat and veg. I don’t miss getting snowed in for days on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rapparee
11 hours ago, binky said:

It's great you have neighbours that sop and talk.Some of mine would rather walk past and ignore me than talk, which I find a bit bizarre considering some of the things I've sorted out for them. 

Whenever I moved to Belfast, I was walking down the street, saying hello to everyone and nodding at people in acknowledgement. I soon quit when a chav told me to f off.

 

Everyone seemed so afraid of each other. Little men running around trying to act macho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Sounds like London  , I believe if you nod or start a conversation  they think you're a mad person .  

Older people here will talk to each other ,  you can hear a life story in a bus queue .....but I fear the young have very poor communication skills these days .  

 

Most Brummies & Yam-Yams  will talk to anyone  ...even each other sometimes .   

 

I worked in industry in Yam-Yam Land a lot ...... it was often a case of ..." ere  Yom a Brummie aye yer ?  Ah 'ee aye frum rand 'ere....Oh well eee cawrelp it  ...yow won a cuppa me mon "  

Edited by Evans Electric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revjames
On 20/06/2019 at 00:30, Evans Electric said:

Sounds like London  , I believe if you nod or start a conversation  they think you're a mad person .  

Older people here will talk to each other ,  you can hear a life story in a bus queue .....but I fear the young have very poor communication skills these days .  

 

Most Brummies & Yam-Yams  will talk to anyone  ...even each other sometimes .   

 

I worked in industry in Yam-Yam Land a lot ...... it was often a case of ..." ere  Yom a Brummie aye yer ?  Ah 'ee aye frum rand 'ere....Oh well eee cawrelp it  ...yow won a cuppa me mon "  

my son recently moved to Moseley, and I visited him there a few months ago and would have to agree. Very friendly and sociable people there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murdoch

We live in the “unsocial” south .... i was outside yesterday tidying my van and 3 people who live nearby came over separately for a chat ..... took me much longer than I expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
3 hours ago, revjames said:

my son recently moved to Moseley,

I assume he's a student  Revo ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revjames
17 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

I assume he's a student  Revo ? 

No he's a graphic designer/ technology consultant. He seems to like it there. Parking an absolute nightmare though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Yes parking  is a nightmare there ,  built up in Edwardian times , so no garaging or parking .   

Noted for it's pubs ,  cosmopolitan population  & student letting,  Folk festival  &  JRR Tolkien who lived in Wake Green Rd  ...  Moseley Bog behind his house inspired the Shire   ...  .  My brother once lived there , in Chantry Rd .

I spent many months on a huge refurb  in St Agnes Rd  see piccy  of the old  Dekemobile   cluttering the road up by homes built by the likes of Joseph Lucas etc  

Image021-1_zpse11d6086.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpend

I’m more impressed that you carry a road sign to put out to stop people driving into your van  :pmsl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Hudson
42 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

I’m more impressed that you carry a road sign to put out to stop people driving into your van  :pmsl:

 

That sign is actually a pictorial instruction to remind him what his next task is:  Right-hand image is length of conduit out of the van,  Left-hand image is the offset bends he has to form the conduit into, to negotiate an obstruction they are working around. He gets forgetful and the old eyesight is not as good as it was, so has to carry multiple reminder signs to keep the jobs on schedule.

 

Just noticed, are the last three letters of that reg No "BOJ"? as in short for; 'Bodge'.  Customised plates must have cost a few pounds? 

 

Doc H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NozSpark
On 23/06/2019 at 21:48, revjames said:

my son recently moved to Moseley, and I visited him there a few months ago and would have to agree. Very friendly and sociable people there.

 

 

Better than Selly Oak then .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
14 hours ago, Sharpend said:

I’m more impressed that you carry a road sign to put out to stop people driving into your van  :pmsl:

Blimey  that thing would fill an Escort  ... it belongs to those road works ,   we were only on the road  due to the skip change  .    That was a "nice"    job  , about 3 months work  for me .  

Image018 (3).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
14 hours ago, Doc Hudson said:

Just noticed, are the last three letters of that reg No "BOJ"? as in short for; 'Bodge'.  Customised plates must have cost a few pounds? 

We paid a lot of money for those plates   , one of our customer,s loved them as he'd called us Bodgett & Scarper  Electrical  for years .

 

13 hours ago, NozSpark said:

 

Better than Selly Oak then .......

Yes  Noz   ,  theres a different atmosphere,  hard to define ,   although both areas have high population of students for B,ham University  , they're fairly "safe " areas for a big  city .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revjames
On 24/06/2019 at 21:24, Evans Electric said:

Yes parking  is a nightmare there ,  built up in Edwardian times , so no garaging or parking .   

Noted for it's pubs ,  cosmopolitan population  & student letting,  Folk festival  &  JRR Tolkien who lived in Wake Green Rd  ...  Moseley Bog behind his house inspired the Shire   ...  .  My brother once lived there , in Chantry Rd .

I spent many months on a huge refurb  in St Agnes Rd  see piccy  of the old  Dekemobile   cluttering the road up by homes built by the likes of Joseph Lucas etc  

Image021-1_zpse11d6086.jpg

Visisted the area in feb, very nice pub in the village called "The dark Horse" I think. My son pretty much a regular there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric
2 hours ago, revjames said:

Visisted the area in feb, very nice pub in the village called "The dark Horse" I think. My son pretty much a regular there now.

Just wondering  Revo,  if he,s a cricket fan  the  Warwickshire  Cricket Ground is just up the road  , in Edgbaston.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NozSpark
10 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Yes  Noz   ,  theres a different atmosphere,  hard to define ,   although both areas have high population of students for B,ham University  , they're fairly "safe " areas for a big  city .    

 

LOL.... before she jacked in English (in Feb) she was living on Dale Road,,,, she's moving into a house on Tiverton Road next week... down the bottom, near the park

 

she recons that there's a lot of crime in the area, with cars being burnt out and houses being broken into several times a day 😮  ... machete capital she calls it!

Edited by NozSpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evans Electric

Ah well thats fairly normal  I suppose  , you tend to get used to it .     Someone's girlfriend we know has just spent two years  in digs in Heeley Rd  I think it was  . All was well. 

I think a good thing with students is , they are nearly always in groups , may I suggest that may be a good thing to do .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™
On 24/06/2019 at 22:36, Sharpend said:

I’m more impressed that you carry a road sign to put out to stop people driving into your van  :pmsl:

 

you mean you dont?! (although the sign is missing a cone to comply with chapter 8 )

Edited by Andy™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.