Fitting Plug to Belgian warming oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshDIYSparks

Reaction score
I've bought a Rofco Bread Prover oven (1000 watts) from the manufacturer in Belgium. It was supplied without plug and the 3 wires are green, black and black. The blacks are labeled 1 and 2. Which of these are L and N?

I would be guessing which isn't an all together wise idea, but have you tried goggling the exact model number for the installation instructions?

I think @Sidewinder I should the one for this

AFAIK if it is sold in UK it has to be CE marked and this means it should be fitted with a plug. BUT I may well be wrong

if its designed to be plugged into a normal 13a socket then yes, it must have a plug. if its designed for be hardwired etc then can be flex with bare ends

Bread Prover oven (1000 watts) from the manufacturer in Belgium. It was supplied without plug and the 3 wires are green, black and black. The blacks are labeled 1 and 2. Which of these are L and
Bit of a follow up - I have googled it - nothing there. Asked the manufacturer and UK distributor whom I bought it through - awaiting an answer. Correction it's not 1000w it's 550w. 

Is there exposed metal on the device? If so I'd do continuity between that and the green to establish it is earth.

Moving on - we are talking AC so it shouldn't matter, but I'd be putting L1 on the live/line and L2 to neutral.

Both are live conductors - no?

I thinking ...await manufacturers instructions   just to be sure ,   Not very clever of importers & makers to have this anomaly  when we are all within a Common Europe  and all supposedly have the same wiring colours  .  

I'm thinking the makers removed whatever plug is used in Belgium .