Checka trade .com

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sparks I know , uses my wholesaler ,   tells me he's enlisted with them @ £700  pa .       I said "What the hell for ?  you're already paying for NICEIC   why bother ?"       

He claims its great , money back already , loads of extra enquiries  etc.  

Any one else joined them & found them useful  .   Not something I'd do TBH.    Certainly not at £700 !!

Sparks I know , uses my wholesaler ,   tells me he's enlisted with them @ £700  pa .       I said "What the hell for ?  you're already paying for NICEIC   why bother ?"       

He claims its great , money back already , loads of extra enquiries  etc.  

Any one else joined them & found them useful  .   Not something I'd do TBH.    Certainly not at £700 !!

Enquires at approx. £1.92 per calendar day, (or £13.46 per week) is expensive advertising in my book.....  :eek:

Internet sites such as "Nextdoor" (previously "Streetlife")  and local community Facebook pages etc.. cost  £0.00 per day, (£0.00 per week)...

And they give me loads of extra enquiries and personal recommendations from other members I have done work for......

Just need to make your presence known, get active on a few relevant topics..

Then they normally have an area for local tradespersons to describe the services they provide and contact details....  

and links to your own website....

So that's £700 I've saved straight away!!!   :D

I suppose if you are struggling to generate new business then some people will try anything... even at £700 pa...    :(

But why would anyone want to spend that sort of money when they are already generating more than enough work to keep them away form the gardening and that list of jobs that the wife wants you to do!!!   :shakehead

And all of the above doesn't even take into account all of the personal word-of-mouth recommendations from family and friends.....

:popcorn

I use the "Nextdoor "   internet site , I thinks it good .  I don't push myself because I only do a couple of small jobs per week but would use it if I was still working full on 5 days /week . 

Some people need to pay these companies because they don't have the gravitas to be a professional .......... problem with most of these sites is the poor regulation of "misleading" and false customer feedback. 

I know companies that use Check a Trade and reckon is does them good, but they tend to be larger outfits that need higher turnover to keep multiple teams of people in work.