Newbie Member, just saying Hi!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplandsjack

Reaction score
Hi there to you all.

Thought I'd finally join up and stop lurking in the shadows.

Ok so ill get the ball rolling with a little about myself. I'm a 49 year old Level 3 "apprentice". Been working as a Plumber/Heating Engineer for the last 30 years. Have always had a respectful interest in electrics, so 3 years ago finally took the plunge and started a level 2 evening class. Then last August a mate who is a 72 yr old semi retired spark, let's call him  "JurrasicSpark", offered to take me under his tutelage. So signed up to the C&G level 3 apprenticeship, well lets just say its been an eye opener going back to college one day a week with mostly 19-23 yr olds 🤔 but overall very interesting. 

Finished the NVQ3 portfolio, so now just waiting for AM2 Test.

Also researching best 18th provider as my college doesn't include it in the apprentice scheme ( is this normal?) So any recommendations of on-line providers greatly appreciated. I noticed Sparkyninja recommends Learnzone Media. Anyone had dealings with them?

Ok well there we go that's a little about me. Look forward to any advice offered. 👍

Best regards

UJ

Welcome UJ, interesting that your college doesn’t teach 18th Ed in apprenticeship, I think you’ll find that they should have taught you to current regs? And therefore you’d be exempt from taking a separate 18th Ed exam?? 

Are you you planning on keeping up the plumbing and heating alongside the electrical?