Hello

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milleniumaire

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, although I have been a regular user of diynot over the years.  It seems that "experts" are being less and less helpful these days and assume that questions are being asked to save money by avoiding getting in an expert, rather than simply because I "want to know how things work/should be done".  I'm hoping this forum may be different.

My name is Paul, but I tend to use the tag "milleniumaire" because at the turn of the millennium I decided I would like to be a millionaire and came up with the word "milleniumaire"!  Unfortunately, it still hasn't happened and I don't seem to be any closer ☹️

I'm a keen DIY'er and currently refurbishing my house bathroom.  I also look after a couple of properties we rent out.

Hi

if you are honest and post in the DIY section then there is never usually an issue

the problems start when so called sparks come on here and do not understand the basics. They get out of their depth on a job and expect us to bail them for free on a job that some unsuspecting customer is paying good money for

we are quite good at weedling out the fibbers😂

.  It seems that "experts" are being less and less helpful these days and assume that questions are being asked to save money by avoiding getting in an expert, rather than simply because I "want to know how things work/should be done".  I'm hoping this forum may be different.

we do get a lot of those, and get fed up with customers that have been on the internet and think they know how to do our job eg my neighbours son-in-law, who is a bus driver, but thinks he can do electrics.. He was telling me how he added sockets to a ring main using 2 plugs hidden under the floorboards  :BadIdea:   .  So there has been a natural back-lash. 

I decided I would like to be a millionaire and came up with the word "milleniumaire"!  Unfortunately, it still hasn't happened and I don't seem to be any closer ☹️
You need a Rodney, get a Rodney and next year you'll be a millionaire....  :lol:

I like the fact there is a DIY forum, so it's clear that I'm not an expert and I'm just looking for guidance, help and knowledge from those that have it.

Although, of course, once I've Googled a particular subject I AM an expert 😉