DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Jamie Strand

I’m helping a buddy of mine fix up her boat before her daughter arrives... in four days! 

Would like to ask the forum if there is any way to work with 1/2 inch pipe that is bigger than our modern 15mm, although looks the same size, the 1/2 inch old chrome pipe is bigger and won’t fit in any modern connector. Is there a way to weld a 1/2 inch pipe to the 15 mm? This is for an inlet and would need to stand some pressure... any one who has any suggestions or anything to teach me, please take the time to... I will appreciate it!

Sharpend

Hello Jamie, had me worried you’d posted a plumbing question on an electricians forum within the vet section!!! 

Anyway, the silver pipe is this a stainless steel pipe as usually you’d use a compression joint for stainless?

Sharpend

Don’t think you can solder the stainless pipe? 

Doc Hudson
1 hour ago, Sharpend said:

Probably not, but I was just pointing out to the OP that imperial to metric pipe connections are not hard to obtain.

Doc H

Sharpend

👍

binky
On 18/07/2019 at 10:38, Sharpend said:

it can be done, but it's not for amatuers. Probaby better off with silver solder or braze - don't see brazing much these days.

NozSpark

It all depends on what the pipe does,,, but you can weld stainless.... I'm guessing that it's A4?