Running electrics into garden help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipherlucian

Reaction score
hi folks, would love a bit of advice on this. i need to run electrics into the garden, currently theres some SWA running form my house to a small roofed enclosure in the driveway, this is currently disconnected it used to be connected to a boiler thats long since gone.
i want to connect an outdoor socket and 2 outdoor lights to this enclosure, run cable down the garden to a new build at the other end, in that i want to connect an outdoor socket and outdoor light.
and lastly i want to run power down to the garage to run sockets and lights.
Any advice here would be appreciated im a little uncertain about what SWA to run down, what junction boxes to use, etc. Thanks

Image to garden layout.....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eCufjAAMpzGDtj6V7

Your link isn’t working for one only if I copy and paste, the clarity is not too good. 

However given what I can make out and from you requirements, then I think you would be better advised by a person in presence rather than via a forum. There are so many variables to take into account for what you require, such as existing supply, existing earth arrangements, existing demand, what size is the existing swa, I suspect not that large if only for a boiler, so that would need replacing, the distance from incoming supply to each outbuilding, etc

Imho you’d be better with a few quotes from local sparks (scheme membership required) who can assess all the information and advise accordingly, by all means if you then want to run their suggestions by us then we could offer advice? 

Other members here may offer alternative advice.