Is it just PC gone mad ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the point of creating a female James Bond ,  same with Dr. Who  I suppose .   The upshot would be to change everything .

Anyone read Little Men  by Louisa May Allcott?  

Anyone for Harriet Potter ? 

Our great war prime minister  Winifred Churchill? 

I'd love a biopic of Martin Luther King to be made 

Maybe a remake of the Black Panther

And I'd cast Bradley Cooper or Leonardo DiCaprio as the lead 

I wonder what sort of a backlash that would bring about.

the point is to represent women in strong roles, despite being half the population women get few leading roles - can't see it working with a Bond role? 

The trouble is , if you mess the status quo  you end up with the USA  television / Hollywood  situation where every "strong " character ...judge , chief inspector at the police station ,  etc  is now a black guy .   The next step will be insisting that  James Bond becomes not only female but black  & gay .   The way is not to change all the characters  but create new ones .  

I think Superman should be a Brummie 

Should "Fools & Horses "   be remade  with  Del Girl  living with her sister &  auntie .  

Just let things change naturally ,  I remember when there were no black footballers ...let things change in their own time & now we have black players  AND women players .

hp-bgd-mob.jpg.4e4005ab115a3bd6d2d28884cd41ce3d.jpg

Black Joan of arc anyone?

In the forthcoming film on the life of Martin Luther King I think the role should go to a white , female actor and should be English  , too many Americans appear in American films  so ....  Julie Andrews  !!