Some advice needed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well hello gentlemen,

As some of you may know, looking to go self employed soon, booked onto the 2391 course back in January. 2 hours before the course was due to start (and me in the shower), get a call on my mobile informing me that the course was cancelled due to insufficient candidate numbers (afternoon course rather than evening) Anyways

Been looking into this new C&G course 2392-10. I only have a very limited amount of experience in testing and inspecting so I am wondering will this segmented course be any better for me rather than the full course? I know alot of you have passed the course years ago or just about to do it. Any information would gladly be absorbed into my memory.

Regards

Andy :D

Well hello gentlemen,As some of you may know, looking to go self employed soon, booked onto the 2391 course back in January. 2 hours before the course was due to start (and me in the shower), get a call on my mobile informing me that the course was cancelled due to insufficient candidate numbers (afternoon course rather than evening) Anyways

Been looking into this new C&G course 2392-10. I only have a very limited amount of experience in testing and inspecting so I am wondering will this segmented course be any better for me rather than the full course? I know alot of you have passed the course years ago or just about to do it. Any information would gladly be absorbed into my memory.

Regards

Andy :D
"(and me in the shower), " too much information M8:^O:^O:^O

Completed my 2391 back in May 2000.

the reason I did it was because while I was completing my 2360,

our college we plugging the 2391 course for candidates..

They were able to claim back some money from European funding..

so if you were employed by a small business you only had to pay for the exam!

As a sole trader was classed as a small business, all I had to do was sign a declaration form of my employment

pay the exam fee & do the course!! :) So I said... YES! :D

It was 10 weeks, evening course, I had NO specific experience of inspection and testing but I got through alright.

I think it is mostly a logical mindset & perhaps some fault finding experience that helps.

oh and a pretty fair understanding of electrical science side of things..

i.e. are the test readings you get appropriate or the type of circuit you are testing?

I did have previous qualifications within the Telecommunications sector of business..

which also probably helped a bit with general circuit evaluation and using test meters etc..?? :)

but overall I didn't find it to taxing.

:)

I passed 2391 in December `06. Again, did the evening course over 10 weeks (but had to pay for it!).

Wasn`t the easiest exam to pass; but wasn`t super-hard. As SL says, mindset plays a great part. Some people, you KNEW they wouldn`t pass. No revision, no study. Seemed to expect the course to literally tell them the answers. I`d had 20 yrs since passing 236, and 5 years since 2381. Wasn`t a problem. Don`t panic, but DO study it.