Do Aico do a combined CO and smoke detector?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If they do, they are doing a good job of hiding it.

They do the AI3028 which is a CO and HEAT detector in one package, but I can't find a CO and SMOKE detector in one package.

I have a customer who does not want 2 detectors on the ceiling of the same room.

Very prompt reply from Aico:

Good Morning

We don’t do a combined Smoke/CO t the moment. It is something we are looking into. We do them individually and can be linked. I have attached the Data Sheets

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I am going to have to break it to my customer that he is going to have to have 2 separate alarms on his living room ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very prompt reply from Aico:

I am going to have to break it to my customer that he is going to have to have 2 separate alarms on his living room ceiling.
Just thinking of the top of my head and not thought it through, Could you fit the smoke onto the ceiling and a CO at head height on a RF link somewhere out of sight, say onto a side of a wall unit or a bit of wall out of eyesight, as I don’t think CO monitors need to be on ceilings and head height is good (needs confirmed).

Then when Aico update there range just remove the CO and RF bases. Just another option you can put to your customer.

You are correct there Roys, the CO can be fitted on a wall, I believe it is advised to fit it no closer than 1m from burning appliance, CO is slightly lighter than air but is dispersed throughout room space, so head height is ok. 

Just saw this but Ei Electronics/Aico advise fitting CO detectors on the ceiling. You might put them at breathing height in a bedroom where people are sleeping, but for the likes of a living room the ceiling is recommended.

I wish they would do a combined Smoke/CO. I have used Heat/CO before in a kitchen. I also wish they would move away from rectangular CO detectors to round ones.

Just saw this but Ei Electronics/Aico advise fitting CO detectors on the ceiling. You might put them at breathing height in a bedroom where people are sleeping, but for the likes of a living room the ceiling is recommended.

I wish they would do a combined Smoke/CO. I have used Heat/CO before in a kitchen. I also wish they would move away from rectangular CO detectors to round ones.
They do a round CO detector now on the standard easi fit base, Ei3018

I hope they will one day they will do a combine CO and smoke so a living room with a gas fire can be covered with 1 combined sensor.

Latest posts