DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
smithers88

reset an old gardtec alarm

smithers88

Hi guys

i have an old gardtec eurosec cpx alarm that came with the house (10 yrs or so) and after installing a new door the sensors have triggered a tamper mode whereby i cant arm the alarm without an engineer reset code

now ive rang the company and at first they gave me the reset code and it worked and was able to arm it again, now ive had to move the sensors again

and the same tamper error needing an eng code pops up again the specific fault is eng +anti 1535, this time round they are refusing to provide another code and state an engineer has to come out, which tbh he will put the code in and ill be charged!

are the engineer codes generic for reset or am i stuck into paying a callout fee of £120+vat for them to come and put thier code in?

any help appreciated

kerching

I know little of alarms along with life in general but ANTI 1535 sounds like an anti code and you have to,put those digits into a bit of software that generates a new reset code for you    It will,change every time 

Telectrix

the engineer code should be the same as it was before.  as long as it does not start with a 9, the codes can be reset. also, engineer tamper alarm reset can be disabled. tomorrow evening i'll try and root out the tech data to do this. i've forgotten it.