Anxious wait until tomorrow morning ......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you have got a nervous 18 year old in the house awaiting their A level results and University applications being confirmed early tomorrow?

Our daughter is very quiet ..............😀

Last edited by a moderator:
She got her grades and is off to Exeter to study Physics .................. next Monday we will find out what accommodation she has been allocated and then we'll know how much we will be paying out ................🙁

She got her grades and is off to Exeter to study Physics .................. next Monday we will find out what accommodation she has been allocated and then we'll know how much we will be paying out ................🙁

Be glad Exeter is a nice city and relatively safe. It has an excellent range of restaurants, so visits will be good, and from the quay there's a lovelly cycle path down to the coast. 

Be glad Exeter is a nice city and relatively safe. It has an excellent range of restaurants, so visits will be good, and from the quay there's a lovelly cycle path down to the coast. 

Interestingly out of all the Universities it would have been my choice , but it was Laura's decision to make.

We paid a visit in the Spring to have a look around the city and I'd heard it referred to as "Guildford by the Sea" - which I would agree with - so yes looking forward to visits. Being based near Woking means we can get a direct train and booking ahead shouldn't break the bank and avoid the queues on the A303 too.

How many of you have got a nervous 18 year old in the house awaiting their A level results and University applications being confirmed early tomorrow?

Our daughter is very quiet ..............😀
The A level result wait is a memory for me, my lad 10 years ago didn't seem to bothered by it or if he was didn't show it but my daughter 8 years ago was completely stressed out even though she was expected to get top grades which she did achieve to get into Cambridge

Good luck to all those going Uni don't get homesick and make the most of it

never been to Guildford so can't comment on that one. A303 is usually OK provided you avoid the worst traffic times like bank holidays.

My daughter spent a week there almost 2 years ago (summer school)..... she didn't like it... she felt that the other students were up themselves..

She much preferred the University of Birmingham.... although she dropped out of her course as she didn't like it,,, but going back again to study law instead

Well - she got the course she wanted and accommodation that didn't break OUR bank and she was happy with .......... the misses is filling boxes already!

Well - she got the course she wanted and accommodation that didn't break OUR bank and she was happy with .......... the misses is filling boxes already!

There's a lot of stuff to buy before they get there.... thankfully we got it all last year....although the reading list is a pain as they don't give it to them until a couple of weeks before they start and they are usually expected to have pre read some of them

When we too our daughter last year the car was rammed with all her clothes, bedding, crockery etc... no room for food so we stocked her up when we got there

I know it's a bit late but we too had the wait. However, we were in Florida and my daughter had to get up at 2:30am US time in case she didn't get what she needed and had to to do clearing. It all turned out good as she got the course she wanted and the results she needed.  :D