2391-52 Help needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djp1982

Reaction score
So I’ve just taken this online exam again and failed and I keep tripping up over questions under this header

Understand the requirements for testing electrical installations

I was just wondering if anybody new what sort of questions would fall under here so I could tailor my revision a little more

Send for a handbook on the subject   ...ebay ..... Inspection , testing  & certification  ....there'll be something around  probably  by Brian Scaddan .  

Have you done any testing  of installs ?  

What are your circumstances ,  apprentice , trainee , mature student  etc ?   

OK, you have to be sharp with the definitions, most C&G exams seem to consist of tweaking/ twisting definitions, so you need to read and re-read the appropiate sections of BS7671 , if it's an open book exam, use bits of tape to mark important sections to save time,  you can work out impotant sections by doing lots of previous papers (should be available on-line somewhere).  Of the 4 possible answers, 2 will be clearly wrong, and 2 very similar. Sometimes the answer can be quite odd, ie no answer seems quite right. This is where careful reading of the question comes in, so you can eliminate the answers that are not correct.