The strange workings of the human brain .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not working today ,  missus is already up waiting for the district nurse who tends to be  early ,   I'm trying to get myself some breakfast down my neck before she comes  , when out of the blue  I think ..... "  I can just see  Paul & Shirley turning up  , me half way through breakfast , Nurse  sorting  the missus , dog shut in back room  creating , no extra food in the house etc."  

This scenario is so highly unlikely  as  cousin & wife moved to live on Kalymnos   7 years ago .      Why should I think of that occurring  ?     :C   

An hour later , no nurse ,  phone rings  , missus  shouts through  , "Its not the nurse  its Paul & Shirley  , they're  on the M6  heading for Brum  get kettle on "  

A few strange things have happened over the years  , one that proved the  pudding  was  in the '70s  ,   working on the main  sw/gear in a school basement  with another sparks.    

I actually said to him out loud ,   "I  just had one of those odd feelings , imagined John  ( supervisor)  rattling down those cellar steps and saying " ......  a certain sentence ,  I've forgotten what it was now    .

Two minutes later , footsteps rattling down the stairs  , John bursts in  and said those very words .    The sparks with me , who was a black guy  ,  is staring at me with the biggest  white eyeballs you ever saw  in a dark cellar .       True story .      

Does anyone else get the old  de ja vue ,s or whatever .  ?    

Yep, quite often

it just shows that we are ahead of our time!

never tells us what the lottery. NUmbers are though

Or maybe it does show you the lottery numbers, but you are so far ahead of you time that the numbers you get are not quite in synch with the week that you decide to use them!

Doc H.

Had a disagreement with  friends  once ,    their lottery numbers were her birthday  numbers  .  My argument was , a random lottery ticket has odds of 40,000,000   to  1  on winning ,  to win with the numbers of your birthday  must be  a trillion to one .  

it just shows that we are ahead of our time!
Good to hear  !   Missus says I'm still in the '60s .    ( Something to do with that Buddy Holly CD in the car ) 

Re the lottery, I have used the same numbers since the 2nd week the lottery ran... had my fair share of 3 and 4 number winnings.

that said I don’t smoke and don’t drink much so a a couple of quid a week and about 50 % of that going to good causes is ok for me

fingers crossed, tomorrow it could be me😀

Had a disagreement with  friends  once ,    their lottery numbers were her birthday  numbers  .  My argument was , a random lottery ticket has odds of 40,000,000   to  1  on winning ,  to win with the numbers of your birthday  must be  a trillion to one .  

Good to hear  !   Missus says I'm still in the '60s .    ( Something to do with that Buddy Holly CD in the car ) 
Errmm…. how did that argument end? :)

If it helps any, I am the wrong side of 63 BUT still feel/think I'm in my 20s.....my back and knees sometimes have other ideas though!

be careful out there....nobody told me I would get this old this quickly!

married

children

grandchildren

And then it was 63....WTAF happened there then??