DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Ian1234

Alarm activation when in standby

Ian1234

Hi all

When I have the alarm in standby during the day when we’re are at home I have a inconsistent fault occurring.

i have a reed sensor switch on the back door - just recently when we leave the back door open it occasional causes the internal siren to activate. I Switch it off on the panel which is showing ‘backdoor open’ and reset the system it will on occasions go off again after a few minutes or slightly longer .

we can then go a few weeks before it happens again - anyone any ideas ???

doing a engineer test - which it shows fault free.

regards

ian

kerching

Is it a siren or an internal sounder?

have you got it inadvertentlynset to 'chime?

what make of panel is it?

too little info given to make a wild stab in the dark whilst clutching at straws BUT.  At a wild guess it's set to chime and the door contact has gone moody? But what do I know, see present wife for further details'

Doc Hudson

Welcome to the forum Ian1234.  Sounds like a tamper alarm to me. Maybe some of the wiring for the tamper loop is dodgy by the back door. Or the door is just a coincidence and there is a tamper fault elsewhere?  But as Kerching  said, without any make/model info it is just guesswork. How old is the alarm panel / wiring. When was the main battery last replaced? Typical lifespan is 5-years.  Dodgy batteries can cause all sorts of strange things.

Doc H.