Bodge

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essexlad

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, over the last 35ys I have 'wired' up lights and sockets on patio, shed and greenhouse  in my back garden. Most of the diy/bodge wiring has recently been upgraded to meet current standards. But I still need to relace a feed to greenhouse that is just ordinary cable in a hose pipe (seemed a good idea at the time). I have just sourced 25m of armoured but it only has a red and black inside..Can I use the outer armoured as a earth?

Red and black stopped being the standard colours over 10 years ago. It should be brown and blue now.

It should fit in with all the other bodges.

Just use it  if it,s in good condition ,   since the  nonsense of changing the cable colours to please the EU    ...to which we will be very shortly leaving ...there are still a billion miles of old colours still around .   We still install  Bro & Blu  and colour the blu brown  , and we install 3 core Bro /Bk. Gry  and colour the Bk & Grey  so your bit of R & Bk  won't alter the world.  

You're not a registered electrician so just do it .

You can use the armour sheath as the earth , glands must be fitted properly .

Do you know what size it is ?  

How will you install it ? 

Latest posts