Things you find in a loft

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I uncovered what at first looked like a strange bit of pipe. Oh hold on it's 2 pipes together.  Oh hold on it's barrel from a shotgun. Just the pair of barrels.

I showed the owner (who had not long bought the house)

"Oh I found the firing mechanism not long ago"

Just the butt missing now then it will be complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I uncovered what at first looked like a strange bit of pipe. Oh hold on it's 2 pipes together.  Oh hold on it's barrel from a shotgun. Just the pair of barrels.

I showed the owner (who had not long bought the house)

"Oh I found the firing mechanism not long ago"

Just the butt missing now then it will be complete.
Murder weapon !!! Murder weapon !!!!  

Crawling around in a loft space above a row of terraced houses , when I was about 19.

thought I had found God

i had ventured from above the property we were working in an inadvertently encroached upon/above next doors bedroom where the lady of the house and her partner were horizontaly jogging. And she was shouting out Oh God Oh God Oh God......may possibly have been a small church 

Working at police sergeant's house  , running wires to a new extension ,  theres a large  professional looking   metal  case , locked  right in our way so in the end I lean over , grab the side handles & lift .   Nearly pulled a muscle as it was screwed down .    We struggled around it with much  good humoured  building site banter , friendly bonhomie & joshing .

Mentioned it to the  Bobby when he returned ,  ho ho  nearly broke my back etc .    Sorry he says , should have said .  It was his anti terrorism riot kit , weapon ,flak vest etc .   

I once found a massive galvanised water tank in a loft... goodness knows how they got it in there!
probably lifted in before the roof was built

builders had to do that on a job a few years ago, the bath was going to be too big to fit through the door so it had to be lifted in before the ceiling & roof were built

My cat, she followed me up the loft ladder to my darkroom, I came down and shut the hatch. I didn’t go back up there for a couple of days and she wasn’t happy with me.

You’d think she would steer clear of me, I’d already nailed her under the floor twice.

One of mates rents a house.

Whenever he was changing tenants he discovered that the attic was full of used feminine pads.

It was the teenage daughters bedroom she was just flinging them up into the attic.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😉

Our Loft is so full of stuff I struggle to find anything up there! Keep saying I will sort it all out, one day. Probably next years project, just like it has been for the past 5+ years.

Doc H.

25+ years ago the wife and I cleared the loft and shed out. Three skips and lots of arguments later I could start building my darkroom. We were both hoarders hence the arguments.

Having the skip outside became like a swap meet, not quite as bad as the Citroen 2CV in Meldrew’s skip.