I find this really irritating these days !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What  you may ask ??        

This......................................."Made in Bloody China"         Every light fitting  is made in China  .    In fact everything in the  world is made in China . 

And if the world isn't careful the Chinese will buy up most of the world!

The chinese currency, if it "floated" like the Dollar, pound or Euro would increase in value massively, making all their exports far more expensive ................. but as it stands they have a clear unfair advantage on the world markets and other countries simply can't compete.... they have huge reserves

The chinese currency, if it "floated" like the Dollar, pound or Euro would increase in value massively, making all their exports far more expensive ................. but as it stands they have a clear unfair advantage on the world markets and other countries simply can't compete.... they have huge reserves

So the question is : who are the stupid ones? And we call ourselves developed, pull the other one! 

So the question is : who are the stupid ones? And we call ourselves developed, pull the other one! 

The West can’t make the Chinese float it’s currency .......

its a bit like the Euro ..... if Germany still had the Deutschmark all their exports would be very expensive ..... and the poorer countries suffer as they haven’t got currencies that can float .... if Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece had their own currencies, they would have bounced back many years ago

I was actually agreeing with your previous post, I just think that for a so called developed nation we miss so many tricks that we could have developed ourselves. 

China have it right from an economic stand point, they make everything to sell and buy all the worlds assets at the same time. Who has the power? 

The Chinese  currency is value is based on whatever the Chinese government decides it needs to be.

They actually have a very volatile economy which the government hides from the outside world by basicly just making up numbers.

If you have time look up: China uncensored on YouTube or search the China hustle on Netflix.

that's only relatively speaking, ie growth at a nre 7% as oppossed to 12% it was a few years ago. Fact is they can't grow as fast any more. They use very unfair trading and economomic poliices and ae deliberately destroying competitve industries. Our governments seem unwilling to act, apart from Trump - his attack on the Chinese is probably about the only thing I agree with so far. Lets be honest, if you picked a fight with China, they would win, they have economic muscle and manufacturing capability to beat anyone, incluidng the USA (although I reckon that would be a close call).

that's only relatively speaking, ie growth at a nre 7% as oppossed to 12% it was a few years ago. Fact is they can't grow as fast any more. They use very unfair trading and economomic poliices and ae deliberately destroying competitve industries. Our governments seem unwilling to act, apart from Trump - his attack on the Chinese is probably about the only thing I agree with so far. Lets be honest, if you picked a fight with China, they would win, they have economic muscle and manufacturing capability to beat anyone, incluidng the USA (although I reckon that would be a close call).
I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Trump says to be honest.

His restraint when it comes to foreign policy is to be applauded.

When you look at Hilary in Libya, Obama's use of drone strikes, George Bush in Iraq and Bill Clinton in Serbia. I don't think Trump is too bad.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Trump says to be honest.

His restraint when it comes to foreign policy is to be applauded.

When you look at Hilary in Libya, Obama's use of drone strikes, George Bush in Iraq and Bill Clinton in Serbia. I don't think Trump is too bad.
Trump did promise his voters not to send the troops abroad and waste money on another war.. If it wasn't for that who knows what he would have done by now  :shotgun: 😀

...."Made in Bloody China"         Every light fitting  is made in China  .    In fact everything in the  world is made in China . 
Just easing back OT     .    To rub salt in the wound  I'm looking at the new bottle of Daddie's Brown Sauce   ......... once made in Brum  by HP .  HP now made in Netherlands last I looked  ....Daddie's  made in Poland . 

It looks to me that being in the EU has allowed them to suck the life out of this country, as most of what was British seems to be made anywhere but Britain. There is going to have to be a big shift in mentality once we’ve left the EU, we are actually going to have to start doing things for ourself once again! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just easing back OT     .    To rub salt in the wound  I'm looking at the new bottle of Daddie's Brown Sauce   ......... once made in Brum  by HP .  HP now made in Netherlands last I looked  ....Daddie's  made in Poland . 

Food manufacturers have definitely "centralised" manufacturing of brands to a single site for each product.

A couple of years ago there was a series on TV "inside the factory" that visited a plant making mayonnaise .......... currently they make a range of "tastes" for the EU market but were attempting to make small changes to all the recipes to come up with a single recipe that all markets would find acceptable ......

It looks to me that being in the EU has allowed them to suck the life out of this country, as most of what was British seems to be made anywhere but Britain. There is going to have to be a big shift in mentality once we’ve left the EU, we are actually going to have to start doing things for ourself once again! 

Large corporations don't give a dam where they make stuff, look at Dyson who have left for Singapore. Being in the EU has little to do with it I think.

MK once made in England

recently ran a big AD campaign showing their iconic 2g sw socket.......

Made in England plastered all over the Ad

.......YES the socket is BUT everything else seems to be farmed out

so it wasn't a lie or an untruth BUT it was masking the wider view   I think I had some of their switches Made in Vietnam, deffo had Made in Frogland on them

Latest posts