Kitchen Wall Cabinet Downlighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Noc

Reaction score
Have bought some LED cabinet striplights, and they came fitted with a 3 pin plug. Bit bulky for under the wall cabinets so what is a good slim replacement for connecting to the supply cable?

Have bought some LED cabinet striplights, and they came fitted with a 3 pin plug. Bit bulky for under the wall cabinets so what is a good slim replacement for connecting to the supply cable?

You may need to consider how you are going to fuse them down??

The 3 pin plug should have a fuse in it.....

If its a 3A or lower fuse in the plug..

They may not be happy direct from a 6A lighting circuit?

:popcorn

Many thanks for the replies. The old lights were fed from a double socket above the old cabinets, so I have dropped cables down behind the new cabinets from there.

Will fit a 3 amp fuse to that plug. I have seen these Wagoboxes at Screwfix would they be OK or is there anything better suited?

d9a06df78725331732b1bebef03f240d.jpeg.fe7cc2393f1110d4d79e366fa482d6f6.jpeg

Why don’t you just plug it into the socket above the cabinets.

You may need to remove the plug, feed the cable up behind the cabinet then reconnect.

The cabinets are 900mm high, and the cable with the plug on it has another connection to the light and is nowhere near long enough, so I would need to buy an extended cable. The lights do come  with cables for daisy chaining them so I can easily fit the ones under the long run of cabinets, but there are two on their own round the other side of the room and I have run cables to both of them ready to fit the lights.  

Latest posts