Electrical Industries Of Ireland Limited storage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thermo

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to get hold of a replacement thermostat for a very old storage heater made by (according to a label on it) Electrical Industries Of Ireland Limited. The thermostat packed up a while back and a replacement part fitted by a friend of a friend (who we can no longer get hold of!) only lasted a day before burning out, so may not have even really been the correct part, I'd guess. I desperately want to get my heater up and running again, but have drawn a blank in terms of sourcing the right part. I've tried contacting a few Irish sites in case they can better help me, but they rarely seem to even reply. Help please!

One other thing - I'm aware that my heater probably does contain asbestos, but the most recent guy who came to look at it said that wouldn't be an issue if fitting a new thermostat. So we really don't want to junk our excellent storage heater, we want to bring it back to life. Any advice gratefully accepted!

can't help with the thermostat, but any asbestos is usually around the heating elemenst and bricks, you don't normally have to access that part to change a stat.