Cable zones anyone?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they have been crimped with a pair of pliers on snips.......and badly

tangent

called out to a stockbrokers in town

new network fitted

Thin Ethernet.....think Small coax and BNC plugs

id priced it and not got the job

contractor couldn't fix it.....rang me begging to borrow my crimper!   WTAF.?

he had crimped connectors by squashing them in the closing edge of the office doors....this was an ineffective solution

i reterminated them correctly and got paid more than my profit would have been on the job had I done it all

To be fair the carrier bag round the buried junction box was Safeway's. If it'd been lidl I might have been worried. 🤣

Ah.. the classic mistake of confusing SafeZone with Safeway!!  easily done if you are concentrating on what you want for dinner and how well your favourite sports team did last weekend.  "All concealed cables must be run in SafeZones SafeWays".  Yes, I can see how this occurred !

Doc H.

Had it of been a 'Bag-For-Life', it would have at least shown an element of pride in your work!

Doc H.

It took me a fortnight to find where someone had wrapped a bin bag around a 50mm² SWA they had damaged. It hadn’t gone bang as I’d isolated the cable ready to extend it another 75m. I did the joint and powered the cable up with no problem. Middle of the night it blew the fuses, next morning I’m getting earache over my cable jointing skills.

OK chop out 5m of cable and put two joints in, I then tested the first joint on the bench and there’s nothing wrong with it?

After a while it became obvious the fuses only blew during heavy rain, it would go bang and dry the cable out. Many happy hours of wandering about with a cable locator in the mud and rain followed. Finally the guy that had damaged the cable told me where to look. Two more joints to do!