Dry diamond core set?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armeg UK

Sponsor
Reaction score
Morning TEF.

At Armeg we sell a 5pc dry diamond core drill set. The core sizes are 42, 52, 65, 117 and 127mm.

I often get it levelled at me that these sizes are more suitable for plumbers.

I have been tasked with suggesting the contents for a 3 pc set which is more suited to electricians.

So what sizes would you like to see in it?

A few people have mentioned 152mm (6"). Do you need this size?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's feedback like this that gets the products that you want and need to market.

Thanks in advance, pm me if you prefer.

Phil 😊

What size were those drills used in the Hatton Garden robbery???

Some of our older bods may want to utilise a large drill to top up their pension pot if they live next door to a bank!!!     ROTFWL

:coat

Thanks fellas, keep 'em coming😊

I'll answer properly when I'm back in the office. My laptop has gone pear-shaped and I'm trying to look at this on my phone😂

Personally I would have thought 4" for fan ducting, 2"  & 3" for cable access. Not too sure about 6". I have a 6"  core drill but think I have only used it twice. I suppose it depends a lot on which sector you work in

just saying 
Thanks Kerch🙂

Kitchen extracts can often be a 6” these days, 4” for most other ventilation and as said 2”/3” for cable access. 
Thanks Sharpie, this ties in with the market research I have been doing🙂

I've got a 6" core drill, but only use it when fitting Icon 30 fans flush - so rarely used.

How much is your set out of interest?
Hi Murdoch, if you mean our existing set then you would have to contact a distributor for that. Distributor links can be seen at the following link

https://www.armeg.com/index.php?route=findastockist/default

We don't sell directly so I can't give you a price. The set is always very competitively priced at the Elex/Toolfair shows though😉

I'd go with the others  .........25mm   & 75mm  for cable /conduit access  ,   105mm   &  155mm  for  4" & 6" fan ducts .  
Awesome. Thanks EE🙂

I'd go with the others  .........25mm   & 75mm  for cable /conduit access  ,   105mm   &  155mm  for  4" & 6" fan ducts .  

give yourself some clearence. i use 117mm for 4" fans. 107 often works but sometimes a bit tight on the duct

i like the marcrist ones. solid barrel & extraction

Hi Murdoch, if you mean our existing set then you would have to contact a distributor for that. Distributor links can be seen at the following link

https://www.armeg.com/index.php?route=findastockist/default

We don't sell directly so I can't give you a price. The set is always very competitively priced at the Elex/Toolfair shows though😉

Surely you have a RRP?

The manufacturers need to take care to look after their retail outlets that stock their kit .......... they give them a "free" shop window, yet people go home and buy online ............ 

This isn't just aimed at Armeg .............. all manufacturers 

Surely you have a RRP?

The manufacturers need to take care to look after their retail outlets that stock their kit .......... they give them a "free" shop window, yet people go home and buy online ............ 

This isn't just aimed at Armeg .............. all manufacturers 
We have a list price. However, its pointless me quoting that as you wouldn't pay that in any retail outlet.

The economics are that we deal with some very large wholesalers who work on a discount structure. When telling them how much things are they are more interested in their "dfl" (discount from list) than in the actual price. The more you buy from us, the better dfl you get (but this doesn't vary wildly to give the little boys a chance).

As a British manufacturer, you would be surprised if I were to tell you the proportion of the selling price that actually goes to us. Our retail outlets are very well looked after already. Not only in discounts but support, rebates, merchandising, marketing, referrals etc. So the shop window is pretty far from "free".

One example of support is the demo van I run offering trade days outside our retail outlets. We don't charge for this but it is run at huge cost to ourselves. Some customers even ask for monetary contribution towards the trade events as well as giveaways and free product.

Regarding online competition. Quite a few retailers selling our products online either started out as retail outlets or still are with an online offshoot.

It's quite complicated really which is why I'm grateful every day I'm not in sales😂