DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
ProDave

MEM 32A rcbo's needed

ProDave

I need two MEM 32A RCBO's   to fit an old MEMERA CU

Or anything compatible?  The important thing being the clip that releases it from the busbar must be at the top.  Several other makes e.g Wylex would fit, if only there clip was at the top.

Need to be cheap. I can get them on ebay but for £30 each. At that price I might as well just change the CU (only 5 circuits in use so a small one would do)

Murdoch

Think I've got a couple ....... but not sure I would let them go for less😀

Ebay sellers tend to know their prices for this stuff

ProDave

There are only 4 circuits, plus the one I am adding, so I need one for the new circuit, and one for a circuit I am modifying.

If I have to pay £30 each, then I would rather just replace the CU instead.

I might have found a way, I think I have found a MEM double pole RCD that will replace the main switch for not a lot of money. then I can use the MCB's I already have.

Murdoch

Would adding an upfront RCD make it non compliant?

ProDave

It would make it a lot safer than it is.  That might be the solution unless I find faults with the other circuits, but I would have to fix those anyway if I opted for a CU change.

Evans Electric
19 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Think I've got a couple ....... but not sure I would let them go for less

Let 'em go  Murdo , you'll have them forever  !! 

Murdoch
3 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Let 'em go  Murdo , you'll have them forever  !! 

Theres a big estate near me and most of them have these boards ...

ProDave

You have to be pragmatic.  If I had lots of call for these I would too hang onto them.

But you have to be realistic as well.  If this was say an 8 way board and / or looked like it was going to be a PITA to swap the CU then I might be prepared to pay more.  But this is a small board I could swap in a couple of hours.

In this case I am now swapping the main switch for an RCD.  To those that say "that does not comply"  This is a big country house with a 3 phase incomer and loads of small CU's distributed around the property, so swapping the main switch on one for an RCD is no different to a split load board in a normal house, if it trips a few circuits will go off, plenty of others will not be affected.

kerching

Well, you know my feelings BUT.    Non compliant has to be infinitely better than non existent!

i will have a look tomorrow whilst I am on a mission for  @Evans Electric    I had a load of those transferable RCBO modules at one time and I don't recall using them

Evans Electric

Thanks Kerch .

kerching

well someone needs to buy a lottery  ticket tonight..........and somebody else doesn't 

IMG_4921.thumb.JPG.8141aa6d7acda1cc7a208eb8ef81be0c.JPGIMG_4922.thumb.JPG.25dcb21e2f7399920e5a414543852520.JPG

4 x C32.    And 1 x B16.        Modules should come off fairly easily and fit to Bs if required

not sure if I have any B MCBs.    I'll have a look later

ProDave

Oh I didn't realise the RCD modules demounted from the MCB and could be swapped.

only need two of them so two of the C32's and I will swap them to the B32 MCB's I already have.

How much @kerching ?

kerching
1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Oh I didn't realise the RCD modules demounted from the MCB and could be swapped.

only need two of them so two of the C32's and I will swap them to the B32 MCB's I already have.

How much @kerching ?

Dunno.......how much do you think they are worth?

pm me in case somebody outbids you😂

This time next next year Rodders, this time next year!

ProDave

PM sent

kerching

Sold

Holiday Booked!