Advice on Karizma Plus.?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4ttc

Reaction score
I have a this alarm system and it has run without fail for 15 years. I have 2 remote keypads on the system

I have swapped out RKP with all the correct jumper settings (same as original) 

But now there is now no power to either of the remote keypads. There is power to the system as the sounders sound with and without the battery backup connected

All wiring is correct, I have even put the old one back in and wired up but still. Ko power to the keypads. 

Can anyone give me a tip how to check if here is 13v going to the keypads?  Kpd 2 has not been touched 

Cheers 

All wiring is correct, I have even put the old one back in and wired up but still. Ko power to the keypads. 

Can anyone give me a tip how to check if here is 13v going to the keypads?  

Cheers 

I am sensing a bit of a contradiction in what you know, or think you know here???

How have you proved all the wiring is correct???

I would have thought this involved some basic test meter?

So to verify the power anywhere on a system just use a.n.other test meter capable of measuring DC voltages....

Or are you using the "see what happens when I press a button", method of testing and fault diagnosis?

:C

I am sensing a bit of a contradiction in what you know, or think you know here???

So to verify the power anywhere on a system just use a.n.other test meter capable of measuring DC voltages....

Or are you using the "see what happens when I press a button", method of testing and fault diagnosis?

Hi

Thanks for the reply. When I said wiring is correct, that is on the basis of I took photos of the wiring into the RKP when I took the old one out and just wired it up the same and verified it against the pics.

I haven't altered the control unit it was just a straight swap out. 

But you are right, I need to be sure that 13v is getting the the keypad. Suppose I will need a multimeter for that

Here is an image of wiring before, it matches up now with rkp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3knwhpr2fmrlhlr/IMG_20191010_175401.jpg?dl=0

Thanks 

Matt

Hi

Thanks for the reply. When I said wiring is correct, that is on the basis of I took photos of the wiring into the RKP when I took the old one out and just wired it up the same and verified it against the pics.

I haven't altered the control unit it was just a straight swap out. 

But you are right, I need to be sure that 13v is getting the the keypad. Suppose I will need a multimeter for that

Here is an image of wiring before, it matches up now with rkp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3knwhpr2fmrlhlr/IMG_20191010_175401.jpg?dl=0

Thanks 

Matt

I put in engineer code, powered down mains power from fuse box and opened it up and removed the battery. 

I think I have sorted it though. I left it overnight and it powered up fine. Came up with tamper error cpu and low battery because I had the cover off. Put them too right and all seems good 👍🏻

Thanks for all the advice. From reading around Web, they seem to be a little bit temperamental on start up