• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Older Crabtree RCD Main Switch ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a Crabtree  80A  /30mA    Main Switch , BS 4293,     List No.    528/030   

Forgot to take picture  ,  early Starbreaker with the busbar  not plug-in .          Customer doesn't want to shell out for new board unless he has to .  

Ah !    Yeah thats  an old type  RCBO   isn't it .      This is an RCD  main switch as in the ebay  picture from Prodave   .

Trouble with the ebay  one is  the guy is probably just the seller  ,    I'd have asked if  Kerch  would test it  for 30mA    trip time  ...this will cost £40  and might not trip  as with  the present one .  

Thanks for seeking it out Kerch  , much appreciated. 

The real answer is a board change  but its  3 hours kneeling  at floor level  for me .  

Don't think theres room , it would end up outside the meter c/bd in the hall ....I was looking for a quick fix TBH   ... wang a new  main switch in & down the road like a big dog --no kneeling . . 

Its probably time for The  Electric Police  to  confiscate my testers  ,  cut my card in half   , take the keys to the van  & insert any neon drivers where the sun don't shine .