Stroma Notifications ......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just logged into my "stroma" portal to do a notification and got greeted by a completely different format and this message when I tried to start a new notification:

"Insufficient Web Credit to add notification. Please add web credit"

what the grape is this all about?

Now had some time to look at this. 

Under Stroma, notifications were billed end of month / 30 days

Stroma "credits" are pre paid , up front and the choices are:

£25

£50 + Top Up Bonus £2.50 FREE

£100 + Top Up Bonus £5.00 FREE

£250 + Top Up Bonus £12.50 FREE

£500 + Top Up Bonus £25.00 FREE

So as their notification cost is £2.16 inc VAT I now have to pay for the 1 notification I need now plus another 10 in the future.

This year to date I've done less than 2 per month ...... so it looks like the Napit system is giving them a very free credit line and who does 231 notifiable jobs per year?

Needless to say I think this is unfair on the Stroma members and I don't recall seeing anything about this change being communicated with me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Join the NIC

each renewal,comes with

tube of KY jelly

tube of Anusol

tube of Canestan , because after all they are a shower of irritating ?????

What I liked about Stroma was the fees were ok, the notification system was simple, my inbox didn’t get filled up with unnecessary carp and offers, ....

In the beginning of Part Pee  many organisations were dipping their feet in the trough  of greed  ,  one I remember was FENSA  , the double glazing police ,  another was the Zurich  Insurance company .  Many of the chancers fell by the wayside  leaving the Big Five  .

Someone said at the time  that we would end up with just the one   ( NICEIC)  so what do we have at the moment ?

BSI     (No longer recruiting new members ) Apparently . :C   

NICEIC & ELECSA      Now joined in holy matrimony .

NAPIT & STROMA      Now also joined in holy matrimony .  

So we are now down to two schemes .    

I predict that within  3 -4  years   BSI will disappear ,  the BIG TWO  will become the BIG ONE    , possibly called  NICELECSNAPSTROM     .

It works with GAS SAFE.

When they all join together , one and all, it will be done under the auspices of Bisto

ill,leave you or work that one out

the only difference being that instead of the cartoon character saying 'ahhhhhhh Bisto'.  It will be a transgender being of colour with an uneven number of matching limbs screaming "I smell 🐮 💩 "

I like the sound of it ..........  I can see the advert  now ,  "  Are you registered with a scheme young man "?         " Yes Madam I'm with BISTO "         "  Aaah  BISTO  , then do come in "