Wiring a 2 way 2 switch plug to control 2 separate lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thonas

Reaction score
I am trying to wire a 2 way switch that also needs to control 2 lights independently 

I can see 3 brown wires, 1 light brown, 1 grey, 1 black and a brown loop is well as 2 earth and 3 blue the earth are connect to port and blue are in a connecter 

Welcome to the forum mate.

If you need to control 2 light independently then you need a switching circuit for each light.

It looks like you have something already fitted.

Is there any chance of some pics.

Thonas ,  don't be confused by the term  ..2 way  and  2 gang .   To switch 2 lights separately  , as The Spoon says ,  you need a  2 gang switch .  We need a picture  which you can't do until you have 10 posts  in. 

I suspect given the presence of a 3 core cable, that this is a 2 gang switch, controlling 2 lights, but ONE of those lights is also controlled from another switch somewhere else, so one light is wired 1 way, and the other light is wired 2 way.

Question to @Thonas  Is this a new installation? Or is it an existing installation that has previously worked correctly and someone !! has messed it up perhaps by trying to change the switch without noting how it was wired originally?  It helps to know exactly what the qeustion is.