Lot 20 panel heater with APP?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I make no excuse for thinking the LOT 20 controls fisted on us by Governments and the EU is a PITA - especially for elderly clients and those among us who aren't IT litereate!

I have one client with learning difficulties really struggling with with a unit and I'm interested to know if there are any products on the market which can be programmed via an APP

Thanks

I make no excuse for thinking the LOT 20 controls fisted on us by Governments and the EU is a PITA - especially for elderly clients and those among us who aren't IT litereate!

I have to say I would tend to agree with the above evaluation.

Doc H.

My curiosity led me to read up what LOT20 is, and to me it looks complete nonsense.

Start by assuming an efficiency of 30%  …   So where did that come from?

Add seemingly random numbers of points for various features which limit its power intake, (and hence its effectiveness at doing what its actually wanted to do).

Where did that table of points come from, and is there actually any science behind them? 

My curiosity led me to read up what LOT20 is, and to me it looks complete nonsense.

Start by assuming an efficiency of 30%  …   So where did that come from?

Add seemingly random numbers of points for various features which limit its power intake, (and hence its effectiveness at doing what its actually wanted to do).

Where did that table of points come from, and is there actually any science behind them? 

I think profits for manufacturers is the key to these changes.

I fitted a LOT20 heater for an elderly client and a week later I was back to remove it, and replace it with an "old school" heater that just had a mechanical timer and a theromstat.  You can still find these on ebay should you have customer that really does not want a silly over complicated thing that keeps turning off saying silly things like "window open"

I fitted a LOT20 heater for an elderly client and a week later I was back to remove it, and replace it with an "old school" heater that just had a mechanical timer and a theromstat.  You can still find these on ebay should you have customer that really does not want a silly over complicated thing that keeps turning off saying silly things like "window open"

I've just fitted 3 regular storage heaters for someone who sourced them off the internet.. I think they cost him £80 in all

I think profits for manufacturers is the key to these changes.

You can still find these on ebay should you have customer that really does not want a silly over complicated thing that keeps turning off saying silly things like "window open"

Far too much stuff nowadays is overcomplicated tech that makes a previously simple task far more longwinded..  even if it is linked to an "App" on your phone!!!

Did anyone else see that article in the press recently about people nicking these new fancy video, phone, linked doorbells??

You pay buckets loads for a device that could still work reliably with just a Friedland transformer + chime + bell-push + a bit of simple wire.....

Whereas, a balaclava, sunglasses, hoodie and a bit of gaffa tape over the lens will soon render the high-tech-security-doorbell, completely useless!

:popcorn :mellow: