Metabo 40....anyone took the plunge?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS79

Reaction score
Anybody got any experience with the Metabo 40 wall chaser? I'm contemplating raiding my piggy bank for it. One expense I'm wondering if could save on is the near on £400 metabo dust collecter that's to be used with it. Is it not possible to attach any old hoover instead? Cheers

not had much Metabo gear, but what I've had has been very good. Unless you plan to do a lot of wall chasing, then I would usggest Erbaur stuff as being economical and effective for the money payed.

not had much Metabo gear, but what I've had has been very good. Unless you plan to do a lot of wall chasing, then I would usggest Erbaur stuff as being economical and effective for the money payed.
Cheers Binky have never been great fan of erbeur but like said very economical and reviews do seem mostly positive. Not to sure if was build in mind to have dust collecter/hoover attached though. This is what I'm after primarily after

I'd say theres a big difference  between a domestic Hoover  and the commercial brick dust extractor Dave .

If you find yourself doing a lot of wall chasing   ( Which incidentally used to be  classed as "Builder's Work")   then for the sake of your future health  go for the extractor .  

I'd say theres a big difference  between a domestic Hoover  and the commercial brick dust extractor Dave .

If you find yourself doing a lot of wall chasing   ( Which incidentally used to be  classed as "Builder's Work")   then for the sake of your future health  go for the extractor .  

Evans, probably very true although have seen a few set ups where people have attached standard hoover's. Have decided to go with the Metabo chaser for now and see how I get on with it

Then take my advice and wear a respirator '

We serve an apprenticeship  , we attend colleges to attain about 500 different qualifications , we pay for CSCS cards , if self employed  we pay enlist in competent persons schemes ,   we keep paying for latest regs books ,   we are more qualified than 80% of white collar workers  and 90% of fellow construction workers  ,  most of us are intelligent guys who work responsibly with  electricity  etc  ................and  how do we spend our day ?  

Chasing conduit drops  & boxes in  brick  walls   ...not good enough in my humble opinion .   

You might get away with one of those "ash removal" machines presumably designed for cleaning out wood-burners. I think I've seen those at less than £100.

Thanks Geoff wouldn't of thought of one of these. Seems like pretty decent one can be picked up for £40

Ash can vac

erbauer chaser

sorted

have far better things to spend my money on...unless it can be built into the job cost

bought a cheap power take off Vac ( Exact ) for use with the drill/multitool

plug Vac into,wall

plug tool into,vac

switch tool on

vac comes on

switch tool off

vac  runs for a firther 30 seconds

problem is that the filter clogs up as soon as it is announced on the radio  that there is a sand storm in the Sahara 

Ash can vac

erbauer chaser

sorted

have far better things to spend my money on...unless it can be built into the job cost

bought a cheap power take off Vac ( Exact ) for use with the drill/multitool

plug Vac into,wall

plug tool into,vac

switch tool on

vac comes on

switch tool off

vac  runs for a firther 30 seconds

problem is that the filter clogs up as soon as it is announced on the radio  that there is a sand storm in the Sahara 
Cheers Kerching. Ash can vac looks like it is then 👍

Evans, probably very true although have seen a few set ups where people have attached standard hoover's. Have decided to go with the Metabo chaser for now and see how I get on with it

Plaster dust will kill a standard domestic vacuum cleaner in a very short time!!!

The dust can pass through vacuum bags and filters and get through to clog up the motor....

Another lesson learned the hard-way during two extensions built on our house..

and clearing up after the builders with the "house" vacuum cleaner

Last edited by a moderator:
Plaster dust will kill a standard domestic vacuum cleaner in a very short time!!!

The dust can pass through vacuum bags and filters and get through to clog up the motor....

Another lesson learned the hard-way during two extensions built on our house..

and clearing up after the builders with the "house" vacuum cleaner
Noted 🙂 👍