Just a couple of things that slightly miff me

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
The lanky twonk on that dancing prog that looks like a freshly emulsioned Japanese sniper....more mince than a butchers window

pop up,adverts

adverts in general

integrated LED Fittings

nights drawing in

un reality TV progs

Victoria Coren Mitchell's weird outpourings on Only Connect

Ye Carr family....Alan  and Jimmy

llidl,and Aldi fruit and veg ( mostly ).   Usually gone mouldy at the checkout

Premature firework,release

Trick or Treat..........American 💩 

dog vomit

B & Q.....did I ever tell you about their disgraceful customer service and reneging on warranties?

fuel,priced in a currency denomination that does not exist.    £1.29.9p.    WTAF,?!?

flies

horseflies

mozzies

slugs

Mockney Dwarfs......too many to mention but, mike Brewer, Greg Wallace etc

"United nations'  inclusion in EVERY ADVERT EVER

funeral adverts.....there's an orange and blue themed one where the actors must be on their first job and have to look at top corner of screen at end of each take

BREXIT.     And even more so the tag line 'Get Brexit Done'

Gordon effng Ramsey

Barclays as they do not now support IOS10 so I have had to upgrade my phone from a 5C

Winkleman

Alan Sugars puerile 'funnies' on the Apprentice

the hyphenated dwarf on the Apprentice

Karrrrrrrennnnn Braddddddyyyyyy on the Apprentice

constsantly updating freeview channels

Antoholic and Dec

Santander Ads with the above two overpaid wazzocks

Danny Dyer

stupidly long fingernails

shoppers in Aldi who steer the trolley with their elbows

Alaskan Bush People.    OMFG have you seen it?......cheek clenchingly poor

barbecue sauce

Charity huggers

football 

price of Tickets to see half of Queen at M.E.N.    £175.....won't be going

Pantomime

Shopping channels

constantly fluctuating Flight tickets and all the associated add ons

not being able to fit a 17mm socket into unistrut for a 10mm bolt....had to butcher an impact socket on lathe

tool belted, liveried van/uniformed no knowts in the wholesalers who know nowt and spout ****e

wigs.....man up, your a slaphead.....deal with it

camping

caravans

recumbant cycles/cyclists

bike couriers

holes in socks

politicians

cars fitted with Nitrox njection

shop assistants asking me if I have' found everything I wanted'

.....possibly missed a couple of things 

Premature firework,release

Premature firework release is very annoying, dangerous and a bit professionally embarassing, we've only had it happen to us a couple of times. The worst resulted in about half of the display going off in the middle of the afternoon whilst testing was being carried out. (my 'other job' is a professional firework display company) 

Premature firework release is very annoying, dangerous and a bit professionally embarassing, we've only had it happen to us a couple of times. The worst resulted in about half of the display going off in the middle of the afternoon whilst testing was being carried out. (my 'other job' is a professional firework display company) 

I assume this is all electronically controlled now? rather than some chap with a burning taper?. Is there not some safety interlock on the system to prevent accidental firing? I know when I played with model rockets as a teenager, you'd have a controller that could test the circuit upto the ignitor for continuity and display a ready LED but the button tofire wasin series with a key to prevent accidents

I was thinking more of the scrotes who  seem to set them off whenever there is an "A" in the day

I assume this is all electronically controlled now? rather than some chap with a burning taper?. Is there not some safety interlock on the system to prevent accidental firing? I know when I played with model rockets as a teenager, you'd have a controller that could test the circuit upto the ignitor for continuity and display a ready LED but the button tofire wasin series with a key to prevent accidents

Yes electric firing systems generally include a key switch to isolate the firing system and testing is carried out with this switched off. The incidents I mentioned were down to operator error quite a few years ago when most of our shows were still hand fired, everyone is far more experienced and better trained these days. 

As a company we stopped manually firing displays a few years ago as we cannot justify the risk when we have the equipment to send out up to 8 electrically fired displays at the same time. 

Many companies are still 'hand firing' fireworks because its quicker, cheaper and more fun that way, the industry is generally very backwards in terms of health and safety with many companies displaying poor practices at even national competetion level. 

There was a programme on TV a few years ago following one company and their entry to the Plymouth fireworks competition, there were some things shown during the setup which go against some of the basic safety rules. 

Effing fireworks  ..5 hours of them yesterday from   5.00  till  midnight .     There are the odd Asians that live here celebrating Doolally  or some such praise to a non existent supreme being .  

Sounding like stacatto gunfire  & deep window rattling booms .   

I hear Scotland are banning  domestic fireworks.   

Effing fireworks  ..5 hours of them yesterday from   5.00  till  midnight .

i know you are in a different time zone down there...basically you are in the South😂 BUT 5 hours will only take you to 10 unless

they had a break,totalling 2 hours

time depay fuses

they started at  7

younenjoyed them too much and lost track of time

you are using r.m.s. Time

just saying 🤔

It is a different time zone here at 52 deg. Latitude   

But It would appear that I can't count ..its all the noise ....   I don't know where 5 hours came from TBH   but it was definitely  from  1600  to 00.00   .

No wonder I never seem to order enough gear . :C     :C      As these three Brians will attest .  

Last edited by a moderator:
 The Sangamo  solar time switches  have always amazed me .   I wouldn't attempt to dismantle one  TBH .     As you say , solar switches from your area would be no good down here .  The mechanical gearing   follows  the changing times of sunset & sunrise    during the year.     Try flogging  'em to  Prodave  ....take him weeks to work that problem out  ( Imagine winking  face here)  .

Do they,  I think,  also contain a self winding spring reserve to cope with power outages. ?  

As you refer to ..... only Solar clocks manufactured to    Lat. 52 deg.  are suitable  in the Midlands .... Amsterdam  , Berlin  etc.  

Last edited by a moderator:
There are the odd Asians that live here celebrating Doolally  or some such praise to a non existent supreme being .  

Sounding like stacatto gunfire  & deep window rattling booms .

Ha ha ha!! I could not go to sleep for hours last night laughing my Radishes off after reading this!! Just about the funniest thing i have ever read!!

OMG ha ha ha!!!!!!!

john....

There was a programme on TV a few years ago following one company and their entry to the Plymouth fireworks competition, there were some things shown during the setup which go against some of the basic safety rules. 

Have you done the Plymouth competition?

A couple of year ago they went for the world record for most fireworks fired in a minute. This basically consisted of what looked like a fir tree of those mini-rockets. It went wrong as rockets set-off other rockets out of sequence and all we saw was a huge cloud of sparkling smoke! Think they did break the record, but in the way intended .

I assume you 've not encountered that Riland bloke on the TV  ....well you must have .. he,s on EVERYTHING  !!!  

Correction...  Should be "RYLAN" bloke...………………..  NOT "Riland" bloke..!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rylan_Clark-Neal

I get the feeling he's the new Terry Wogan/Chris Evans/Graham Norton 'in waiting'...……………….

What happened to the era when "celebrities" had to have a talent or two in a specific field????

confused.com?!?!

:C

Guinness