Stop pressure from a combi boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day

Reaction score
Hi a customer has a leak on the TRV valve.

how do I isolate the pressure from the boiler to do a swap with a new TRV.

i believe you can stop the water pressure from the boiler whilst I do the repair 

many suggestions welcome

thanks

Dunno.  Do it very very quickly and hope nothing goes wrong? Like....

dropped bleed nipple

wrong thread

crossed thread

wrong size

deop olive through floor

black 💩 all over carpet

spume of sh1tty water all up the new Farrer and Ball Clunge painted walls

won't seal

foolproof way is to turn combi off, turn water off, drain down, do it properly

I earn at a faster rate than my plumber so it's not worth my time ( literally) to do it 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your combi boiler need be at the accurate pressure for the hot water to flow correctly between the radiators, particularly if they are on different floors. Usually, the perfect pressure is between 1 and 2 bars, but this may vary from boiler to boiler. Ask your heating engineer.

Combi boilers are both a high-competence water heater, and a central heating boiler, united in one compact unit. No separate hot water cylinder is essential, which saves a substantial amount of space, while supplying the comforts of central heating. With combi boilers installed, heated water is provided rapidly, and unlike conventional systems, no hot water is heated and stored, but is delivered as needed to taps and showers, and the same heat is distributed to the air circulating system. The water is fed from the mains, so the water pressure is generally greater.

Another advantage is a great saving on the price related with installation. Since there is no tank to be installed on the roof, and less piping is needed, there is important reduction in the time and cost of installation.

Latest posts