SHOWER AND CENTRAL HEATING IN HMO

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick 83

Reaction score
Hi all I have a hmo with 5 en-suites and am not sure what pipes for central heating and shower pipes to use to supply to the whole house without loosing pressure, it’s my first project and would like to get your advice, kind regards .Mick

My advice is don't run any pipes until you have the guidance from your GSR, and with respect to HMO electrics you would be advised to get the guidance from a competent spark and the local council who will need to inspect it .......... there are many things that will be different to a "normal" residence

Ok thank you for your advice,  when my father built his house he done all the pluming and electric him self 15 years ago but never has done a Hmo so was not sure if it was the same procedure or not. 

Regulations have changed a lot over the last 15 years ....

and just for good measure, they vary a bit between the different countries in the UK.

are you building or adapting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum .......... so you need a GSR, a registered spark and your local council involved before you start then, IMHO - or corrective work to put it right later could be painful and expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.