Fuseboard lid no screws

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there lads and lassies I've been to a job tonight where the mcb had blown internally after doing the normal checks went to put the cover back on and found the lid was only held on by tape according to the customer due to the screws being lost I'm not happy about this situation due to young kids around and the chance of the tape falling off. Over time I was thinking of the regs 412.2 under containment what's other people. Views on this situation thanks for any help 

As a (posibly longer term than we'd like) temporary measure could you get a couple of bits of all round band and put them over far left and far right of the cover and screw them top and bottom to the wall, well thats alright if the board is hidden, but would look pants if it was on show lol

Update I put 4 rawl. Plugs into. The wall. Through those 4 holes in the back board and put very long screws through that went through to the rawl plug to secure the lid shut thank you for. All. The replied it was most helpful with the situation of these ****e boards 

We used to,Come across these festering piles of rancid dog faeces on the shop refits. Had to do whatever made it safe until ,it was ripped out and given a council burial prior to fitting a Merlin Geri or Schneider unit

there was a letter sent out by wylex decades ago,warning against fitting the Proteus plug in MCBs in Wylex boards