DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
ProDave

Anyone recognise this sensor?

ProDave

Today's puzzle.  Outside light sensors.

The outside lights in this bungalow are operating at any time of day, not just at night, and occasionally stay on all day.

There are two sensors like this one:

Sensor.thumb.jpg.6b6d3dc81c475c5436518d5ddf486932.jpg

Either one will trigger the lights to come on.

They are connected with a bit of thin wire a bit like alarm cable.  Clearly they don't directly switch the lighting.

So there must be a control box somewhere that the 2 sensors connect to and that switches the lights.  I have looked all round the house, all round the garage and all round the loft and not yet found anything.

It would help the search if anyone recognises these sensors and know what control box I am looking for.  It will be (slightly) easier to find if I know what it looks like.

binky

I have seen a system like that many years ago, but I'll be dammned if I can remember the make.  There has to be a control box somewhere, possible on an internal wall, the unit I saw about 12 years ago had  4 sensors and a little display and could be set to chime during daylight hours as an intruder detector.

Geoff1946

I know I'm a suspicious B**, but have you actually checked there isn't mains voltage on that cable?  They really look like cheap and cheerful old PIRs.

Andy™

probably a GJD system. there will be a controller inside in a cupboard somewhere. itll look something like this

7_87_1.jpg

binky

that's the sort of thing! 

kerching

I, thought GJD BUT was there a system called Sensor Tech or am I losing it?

ProDave

Some interesting suggestions.  If it is either of those 2, then they have changed their design since this one.  And no I didn't test to see if those skinny cables had 240V on them, because nobody would ever do that would the.