Complete lighting rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IpswichDIYer

Reaction score
Hi, 

I’m intending to re-wire my entire 4 bed house, lighting and power sockets.

I am especially keen to have some ‘zoned lighting’ in the living room (I.e. two or three sets of lights controlled, with dimmers, completely independently). But I do NOT want a wireless system. I want to ‘hardwire’ the codename configuration (because I am:absolutely certain. For which set of lights I want to control together, and which I want to be independent.

Do such systems exist, and what are they normally called, or how are they normally described? 

Are there any circuit diagrams or advice pages anywhere on the web describing an example of such a system?

I will want to at least consult a qualified electrician, but want to try to find one with some sort of experience in wiring such a system.

Thanks.

I have only installed one RAKO system. My customer spec'd it himself and helped me install it ( he is the IT Director at my number 1 customer and knows what he is doing 👍). He went for the wired option Cat 5e

got it switching at random times around sunset, draws and open curtains around sunset and sunrise NOT exactly same time everyday.  Same for driveway lighting. Very impressed with the quality