Humidifiers or Air Purifiers???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neianso

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering what's the difference between humidifiers or air purifiers and get which one better for ease coughing and enhance better breathing.?

thanks in advance! 

Humidifiers add water vapour to the air. Purifiers aim to remove microscopic dust particles.

The benefits of either depend on air conditions to start and what you want to change it to.  A hygrometer would tell you humidity, and I think about 60% is supposed to be healthy.  Dust pollution is more difficult to gauge.

Only a medical advisor can help you regarding your breathing difficulties.

really hard to answer a question like this. Your coughing may be down to air pollution if living in a city, damp and mould spores - gives me bronchitis, or a number of other things. 

I would think if pollution is the issue, then the air filter. If you have a bone dry over heated atmosphere, then maybe the humidifier, if you have  a damp home, then a de-humidifier is almost certainly the best option.

I had a chronic cough from the age of 19 to my early 40's until I was properly diagnosed with rhinitis/sinusitis and silent reflux

there are loads of reasons that you might be coughing.... you need to see a doctor

Hi guys, was wondering what's the difference between humidifiers or air purifiers and get which one better for ease coughing and enhance better breathing.?

thanks in advance! 
I am using the Sharp air purifier and Elechomes UC5501 Ultrasonic warm mist humidfier. My children have sensitive noses after using it helps in easing those dry cough and block nose.. My mouth also not so dry in the morning.

No idea...………...

But hello...……….

Have you tried more beer  Guinness

Or a glass (or two) of decent wine :Y  

That can sometimes solve loads of problems?

:innocent