VPN?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used IPVanish for a while and found it OK, but I only use it when needed.

One issue though is I found out once I was working out there that is it doesn't get you out of China, so I had to get ExpressVPN for that whilst in China, which they try to prevent, so I had to be a bit creative!

For now I still have both and us whichever one cooperates best with the host network, it seems some public and hotel wifi connections don't play nicely with one so I just use the other.

I’ve been looking at Surfshark as it is claimed it will work with Netflix, iPlayer and itv hub which will be required by ‘er indoors when we’re away, I only really want it for iptv myself. It just seems a little cheap to be able to offer what others don’t? But then it is a recent (couple years) newcomer to VPN’s? 

So as a late update, I went for Surfshark and generally it was very good, however I did find that some hotel free internet’s were not very user friendly and I had to pay for the premium internet. 

I am currently looking for a new vpn so any further input would be welcomed, as would any advice on a useful IPTV stream. My current one has just more than doubled in price. 

easier to just get more data on your phone and use that as a mobile hotspot. all i do, although usually not using youtube etc or other high data useage sites

easier to just get more data on your phone and use that as a mobile hotspot. all i do, although usually not using youtube etc or other high data useage sites

There's a lot of IPTV that you really need to run through a VPN *cough*

So as a late update, I went for Surfshark and generally it was very good, however I did find that some hotel free internet’s were not very user friendly and I had to pay for the premium internet. 

I am currently looking for a new vpn so any further input would be welcomed, as would any advice on a useful IPTV stream. My current one has just more than doubled in price. 

I currently use CyberGhost and its very good for IPTV and Netflix.

https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/iptv-vpn

3 year plan for £62 for 3 years - I got my 3 year plan back in 2020 - works everywhere (not been to china though)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had surfshark for a couple of years , pretty decent,
A little tip for watching iPlayer and other geolocked stuff if watching on a laptop,
Use your phone as a hotspot on mobile data with your VPN turned on, and location turned off,
Once connected and the stream is playing, turn the phones WiFi on , wait 30 seconds or so, and then turn mobile data off,
Most streams will continue playing after the initial logging of what country you appear to be in.
This way you don't have to worry about the VPN slowing down the traffic etc,
BTW , if using other types of IPTV , I'd always use a VPN while streaming

I think Smarters is as good as anything tbh @Sharpend , or Jedi.
I have no idea what the one on my phone is, it's a good player tho, just a bit rubbish as there isn't really a proper TV guide , I generally Google to see what is on anyway, I'm not one for aimlessly flicking through channels.
Just watched Guy Martin's fastest van on All4 last night using the above method and worked perfect after first being told I was in the wrong country to view.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts