A new target for PPI solicitors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received a letter this morning from a legal company offering to pursue a, "mis-selling", claim relative to my solar panel installation.

I guess this is now they are running out of PPI work.

Such a claim would prove problematic for them in my case, as I specified what I wanted to my supplier and they installed accordingly. (Incidentally it exceeds my expectations as regards income.)

I can see where they are coming from though, having observed the, "free electricity", style adverts, etc, and I can imagine some of the sales hype!

However;  How did they target me?  How do they even know I have the system?  I can't believe it just a random mailshot, as correctly addressed to me.

Is there a publicly available register of micro-generators, or whatever we are officially called?

I am often getting calls "about your solar PV"  I am sure it is just random calling, like the "I am phoning about your recent car accident"   Call enough people and someone will say "oh yes how can you help me"

Was there not a rumour that the MCS database fell into public domain, might be the Merlot talking, just something ringing a bell.

Not that. There is no longer any new FIT's so my new install is only on the DNO's micro generator list.  Unless THAT has been hacked?

Someone has sold your details somewhere, not sure if it was NCS / DNO, your FiT provider or a.n.other like Building Control. I had a few emails offering me money for client details.