DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
ProDave

Builders extension lead

ProDave

We all see some silly and dangerous things, but I think this one must come close to being the worst I have seen.  I think when I saw it I just could not help saying out loud "Christ on a f*****g bike"

This was found today on the new build I am presently wiring.  It is the builders extension lead and was IN USE powered from a 240V generator feeding the chopsaw they were using outside.

20191129_112621.thumb.jpg.5d8faa38818694bcb69fc21e7dfc6f66.jpg

Edited by ProDave

binky

should have dropped it in a puddle...

ProDave

The joint was inside the house. I wasn't going to move it anywhere.  I warned the plumber to give it a wide berth, especially walking around carrying copper pipe.

Sharpend

So is it blue and yellow together or does blue pass underneath? 

I can only think that they’ve seen the DNO do a similar thing with the earths when they stake down the earth on a PME supply, only they forgot the stake! 

Evans Electric

Looks like the neutral & earths are touching  , so no RCD then .      Some builders have no conception of safety .   I still get monthly H&S  reports  , mostly concerning builders ....big proportion about workers falling through roofs  and ingoring the presence of asbestos  .   

Doc Hudson
7 hours ago, Sharpend said:

So is it blue and yellow together or does blue pass underneath? 

I can only think that they’ve seen the DNO do a similar thing with the earths when they stake down the earth on a PME supply, only they forgot the stake! 

That will be a PME extension lead, think Screwits or Twatstation may be stocking them, google "Builders 25m Lead" I think they are called? It saves the builder stressing if it gets damaged, as they come "pre-damaged" So builder is happy and thinks everything is normal and good.

Doc H.