Builders extension lead

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all see some silly and dangerous things, but I think this one must come close to being the worst I have seen.  I think when I saw it I just could not help saying out loud "Christ on a f*****g bike"

This was found today on the new build I am presently wiring.  It is the builders extension lead and was IN USE powered from a 240V generator feeding the chopsaw they were using outside.

20191129_112621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The joint was inside the house. I wasn't going to move it anywhere.  I warned the plumber to give it a wide berth, especially walking around carrying copper pipe.

So is it blue and yellow together or does blue pass underneath? 

I can only think that they’ve seen the DNO do a similar thing with the earths when they stake down the earth on a PME supply, only they forgot the stake! 

Looks like the neutral & earths are touching  , so no RCD then .      Some builders have no conception of safety .   I still get monthly H&S  reports  , mostly concerning builders ....big proportion about workers falling through roofs  and ingoring the presence of asbestos  .   

So is it blue and yellow together or does blue pass underneath? 

I can only think that they’ve seen the DNO do a similar thing with the earths when they stake down the earth on a PME supply, only they forgot the stake! 

That will be a PME extension lead, think Screwits or Twatstation may be stocking them, google "Builders 25m Lead" I think they are called? It saves the builder stressing if it gets damaged, as they come "pre-damaged" So builder is happy and thinks everything is normal and good.

Doc H.