Hive heating system not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave W12

Reaction score
I have a single channel hive receiver. Do I need to bridge the permanent live with the common as the boiler will not fire up. The boiler is a Worcester. I have 3 wires from the old room stat.

. Dave W

The performance of a heating system installed at your home would depend on how well its various constituents are working. When you like to ensure that the heating system delivers its best to keep your family warm during long winter months, it is imperative to undertake its maintenance from time to time.

One easy part of the maintenance process is cleaning and replacing your filters once in 3-6 months. Once the filters get clogged, the system needs to work harder to generate a given amount of heat, meaning the warmth to which you might be used to. Therefore, definite parts wear faster, and some may break down totally, requiring replacement. If the filter gets completely blocked, the system may cease to function.

If you sense that the heat produced by the system is not adequate or less than what it normally is, you could try removing the flaw on your own before asking for the services of a professional. Closely inspect the duct system to make sure that nothing is obstructing the flow of the air there. Often, dust gets accumulated there. Next, confirm that the thermostat is set to the desired level of temperature. Finally, ensure that all the heating vents are open.

Be careful. If you were to short, or misconnect the live thermostat feed from the boiler there is the possibility of destroying the circuit board in the boiler, and those are £££ .