Anyone on Plusnet Broadband ( "We'll do yer proud")

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Broadband is BT   , it is fast enough for I want , BUT  , its becoming scary to make a phone call on the landline  ,  racks the bill up a treat . 

Plusnet ,  parent company BT   offer  Broadband   for £3.00  month    plus  Line Rental   at £ 19.99  month     no mention of phone call charges though .  Is this too good to be true?

Two calls to HMRC  have added  £16.00  to bill.

BT  Broadband speed , from exchange to hub  is 46.6Mb/s

Last edited by a moderator:
It is ages since I have used the landline to make a call.  Way too expensive.  I make all my calls from my £5 O2 mobile SIM and although it is not unlimited, it always has enough minutes for my needs.

The only one to watch is 0844 and 0845 etc that cost loads on the mobile and are not included. Saynoto 0845 usually finds an alternative normal number that is included in the mobile minutes.  I suspect that is what happened when you called hmrc?

If you want to get plusnet prices without the hassle of switching, just tell BT at your next renewal you are moving to plusnet because they are cheaper and they will match it.  I am playing £36 per month for landline, weekend calls, broadband and my daughters mobile SIM

BT must be getting desperate because at the last renewal they didn't even argue they just offered to renew at the same price, put us onto a higher level of customer service, double the data allowance on the mobile SIM AND give us £50 to spend.

BT must be getting desperate because at the last renewal they didn't even argue they just offered to renew at the same price, put us onto a higher level of customer service, double the data allowance on the mobile SIM AND give us £50 to spend.
Blimey   not another big name teetering on the brink .      BT is usually £44.50   month     I cancelled the Free talk for 59mins  which was  an extra £7  .  

This time last year we'd  had a health scare which ramped up the phone  bill to over £100  / month  .  

I never know when renewal is  I think its automatic  ....losing the BT email address would be a ball ache  TBH . 

My EE cell has free  0121  numbers  which is good .    

I'm wondering if Plusnet , say, is half the price  = half the speed .

Am I right in thinking that BT  carries every company's  broadband   except Virgin  Cable   ?  

Yes Deke, all ADSL is BT, apart from I think Kingston upon Hull where they have their own phone co.

Only Virgin media cable is on their own infrastructure.  Outside Virgin cabled areas, even their broadband is via BT.

Deke, I was staying in a house that had Plusnet BB in a remote area of South Wales the other week and I had speed of 18mbs, which wasn’t great but I was still able to stream tv channels ok. 
what are you getting with BT? 

Deke, I was staying in a house that had Plusnet BB in a remote area of South Wales the other week and I had speed of 18mbs, which wasn’t great but I was still able to stream tv channels ok. 
You must have been near me then Sharpend!

Yes Deke, all ADSL is BT, apart from I think Kingston upon Hull where they have their own phone co.

Only Virgin media cable is on their own infrastructure.  Outside Virgin cabled areas, even their broadband is via BT.
Thanks .

46.6 Mb/s   mate . 

I'm with plus net have a static ip address and haven't had problems tbh I've found them great always helpful and not too long to hold waiting for the phone to get answered it's free phone 08004320200

Ive been with them 7 years now and was on adsl then moved to fibre on fttc and get approx 60 meg

View attachment 10362

View attachment 10363