Motorbility scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any members know anything about this ?   Numerous people keep telling me  we could have a vehicle to suit  disability needs ,  specially getting in & out .    Apparently someone turns up & gives you a brand new vehicle  .....yeah right  ...no such thing as a free meal in my experience .  

Neighbour just telling me we could have a vehicle to suit ,  insurance paid , road tax paid , just put petrol in & drive off down the Yellow Brick Road  .     Theres no way someone gives us a that , right ?   

some answers for you sir:

https://www.motability.co.uk/

and we are in the process of buying an ex motorbility scheme car for the misses - 3 years old, 16k miles FSH, spotless 
Thank you Murdo  ,   so I see we don't have any allowances  , should we want to go with this we'd have to claim some allowances for mobility. ?

We've had a couple, and then lost them again on re-assesment.... my wife had a lifetime award of the relevant benefits which she later lost due to re-assesments (go figure)

Basically, the person who wants the car will need a minimum of the Higher rate payment of the mobility component of Incapacity benefit awarded for 3 years.. you then sign this benefit (or part of it)  over to Motability for the duration of the lease agreement,,,,, dependant on the car that you want you may need to pay a deposit

All servicing, insurance and repairs are covered by the scheme - you just put the fuel in!...... however any damage to the vehicle will need to be repaired before you hand it back