Anyone in London ...Blue Duck ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing family history research  ,  finding  GGGG grand fathers etc in Finsbury  , Shoreditch  , Clerkenwell    , Bermondsey  just wondering what  these places are like   .  I've heard of the Bells of Shoreditch  .   

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing family history research  ,  finding  GGGG grand fathers etc in Finsbury  , Shoreditch  , Clerkenwell    , Bermondsey  just wondering what  these places are like   .  I've heard of the Bells of Shoreditch  .   

What was the borough of Finsbury (inc Clerkenwell) is quite posh, where Islington meets the city, bombed during the war means lots of social housing now worth a fortune.

Photo taken 4/5 years ago.

Shoreditch, where north meets east, some nice architecture but has a seedy reputation, still some strip clubs & lots of night life but gentrification means a shoebox next to a crack den will set you back a million quid.

2nd pic, bottom left Shoreditch Crown court, now a posh hotel.

Bermondsy... south of the river, may as well be Afghanistan. Sorry! 

IMAG0951.jpg

20181214_152052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah  Thank you Sharpie , like the photos .    Couldn't find me one of  Type Street , St. Luke ,  Finsbury   could you ...or pop round there , ask if theres any Evans's still around . :  :innocent

Holy cow !!!!      That guy is SOME researcher  or WHAT !!           No one related to me  however but could have been I suppose . 

There does seem to be one or two Evans,s about . 

Thank you anyway .       One thing I like to read in that kind of material is the occupations  ,   I noticed  " Coach trimmer"   there.